Friday, April 4, 2008

Before I Head Off...

A few facts about Lancaster:

1 - Lancaster is the former capital of Pennsylvania.
2 - It was named after an English city (not sure which one though)
3 - Symbol is the red rose
4 - James Buchanan, the fifteenth President of the U.S. was from there -

A few facts about former President Buchanan -

a. He was/is the only president never to marry.
b. He lived to 77 (which is like 150 nowadays - maybe having to do with not marrying? Kidding!)
c. He is widely considered to be one of worst presidents ever (due to failure to deal with southern state secession). The More You Know!

5 - Milton Hershey started the Hershey Company there - He was a Mennonite, which I know something about.

6 - Lancaster Barnstormers are only pro sports team - team before that were Lancaster Red Roses (I guess they rejected the Lancaster Pansies and the Lancaster Little Mermaids)

Anyway, I'm off around noon. I am bringing my computer so if I can get a connection, I will blog during the weekend. If I can't, I'll take notes. Or maybe I'll do what I did when I waited in line to audition for Last Comic Standing.

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: