Saturday, April 5, 2008

Greetings From The Lobby of the Lancaster Host Resort and Convention Center

So I did my first show here last night at Stitches Comedy Club.

Going in, I have to admit that I was worried how a non-tri-state-small-city audience would react to my particular brand of comedic stylings. Ya know how sometimes you worry about things but it turns out you had no reason to worry? Well, that's what happened to me.

They hated me.

(I say I had no reason to worry because it's not like worrying would do anything to help the situation.)

Yup. at least last night I bit it. The good thing is that I am the MC, so I can do crowd work to get the crowd excited for the show...but every time I tried to sneak in material, they just weren't into it. And these weren't new jokes - these are "sure-fire" hits.

Just so you know, it wasn't the crowd. They loved the headliner. Just to give you an example of his material, he did a lot of song parodies (w/ guitar). They included Sting singing if he were in India - "There's a Little Red Dot on the Sun Today" He followed that up with, "We can make fun of the Indians...they ain't here...they're open 24 hours."

Applause Break.

ANYWAY, I got two more shows tonight and one Sunday night to redeem myself and see if this show was an exception or the rule.

btw - A few people did tell me after that I was very funny...one even wants me to send him an autographed headshot. Judging by how I performed, I wonder if it's for his Wall of Shame.

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: