Monday, April 7, 2008

Couple of Notes While I Try To Wake Up...

First of all, yes, Stewie and I were on the CBS Early Show this morning. I will try to get a video of it on Youtube by the end of the week. I'll also see if they put it on their website. They did show me throwing out a few good lines.

Secondly, older readers may remember going on this ridiculous talk show a while ago. Anyway, they just called to see if I wanted to go back. After pausing for a second and a half, I said, "Sure!" so watch for a blog about that.

Thirdly, my last show (ever?) in Lancaster was cancelled last night due to a lack of reservations. I found out at 6:30 PM and was on a train by 7:40. At 8:03, I got a got on my cell.
"Harris?"
"Yeah?"
"It's Matt. Where are you?" Matt's a buddy I knew from college. He now lives in Rochester (or thereabouts). Hearing him asking where I was gave me a sick feeling in my stomach.
"I'm on a train. My last show was cancelled. Why? Where are you?"
"I'm at Stitches Comedy Club (shit). Here with Sandy (shit!), my sister, her husband and a few other people (SHIT!!!)"
"What the heck..."
"I wanted to surprise you by coming."
"Umm, surprise?"
"Yeah, we got a baby sitter and everything."
"Oh, man, I'm so sorry..."

The rest of the conversation isn't important but it generally consisted of me apologizing and feeling bad.

To add insult to injury, I was bored all weekend, and while Matt was in town, he didn't wanna bug me since he assumed I had brought Josie with me.

Ugh...

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: