Friday, August 29, 2008

Who's The New Nipsey Russell?

Josie has a fascination with Nipsey Russell. He's her favorite actor/personality of all-time. Her favorite movie is Wildcats. And it doesn't end there - apparently, her brother is a also a big fan as he invited Nipsey to his wedding (he didn't respond).

ANYWAY, Nipsey has long since departed this mortal coil, so we need another celeb to invite to our wedding. We want it to be someone who we like but also, someone small enough that there's actually a chance he/she may come (also should live in NY area)

I'm thinking Corey Feldman (though I have no idea where he lives) or William Zabka.

Any other suggestions?

Rock On,

Aitch

8 comments:

Kirsten said...

William Zabka is a good one. Thanks for the link to refresh my memory!
But I do have a suggestion for you guys. He lived in New York on his show, so he obviously lives there in real life and I'll bet he's free. I'm also about 98% sure he's still alive. How about Abe Vigoda?!

Harris said...

hey kirsten,

good one!

I've seen Abe (everyone does think he's dead. several years ago, People mag announced his death. that may be why.)

i loved it how he played a mob guy in a drama (in "The Godfather") and a cop in a sitcom (in "Fish") THE EXACT SAME WAY.

He truely did it his way...umm, DOES it...he truely does it his way.

Rock On,

Aitch

Anonymous said...

I'm conflicted.

Nipsy is Josie's favorite? He was a comedian (although I never really found him funny – don’t remember his movies but his tv appearance didn’t wow me). You are a comedian. I think you are funny and, fortunately, in an entirely different way.

I'm just not sure what that says about the prospects for how Josie will be viewing you in this upcoming marriage. Hopefully nothing.

Harris said...

hey david,

Nipsey's acting was highly nuanced, definitely a method actor in the vein of a Hoffman or a (name of another method eactor).

rock on,

atich

Anonymous said...

Only if William Zabka is willing to re-enact the crane scene with you as Daniel-san. He was nominated for an Oscar for Best Documentary a few years ago so it may be tough to pull off.

Anonymous said...

I nominate Josh Homer.

Josh Homer said...

Rowdy Roddy Piper!

Harris said...

hey anonymous,

i'd pay good money to do that...ok, not good money, but some change.

hey anonymous,

he'll be there! Well, at least he's invited...speaking of...

Hey Josh Homer,

I like the way you think - he's my favorite wrestler and actor of all-time (ok, just wrestler)

rock on,

aitch