Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Do You Feel Lucky, Punk?

I noticed on the subway this AM a sign that basically said that assaulting a subway employee is a felony. It added that it's punishable by up to seven years in prison.

Now, I understand the first part, reminding people that assault is a crime. I tend to forget that.

But why do they tell us the possible sentence? Are they letting us do the math in our heads? Perhaps trying to come up with some risk/reward analysis?

I don't think it would be worth it, but I gotta tell ya, sometimes, when the train is sitting there for fifteen minutes in the summer with no a/c and no announcements, seven years seems like a pretty good deal.

Rock On,

Aitch

7 comments:

Sophie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sophie said...

oh crap; I laughd even more at this one, but I already played the 'lol !' card /:

I'll be off then ..

Harris said...

hey hail to the chief,

thanks again!

rock on,

aitch

Kirsten said...

LOL!
Damn! Thanks for the info! I thought it was 7 DAYS. not 7 years! 7 days is a good deal, don't you think?

Harris said...

hey kirsten,

You kiddin'? If it were seven days, Id be in jail one week every six months.

rock on,

aitch

Anonymous said...

haha..

what a bargain

Harris said...

hey sarah,

i agree

rock on,

aitch