Thursday, August 14, 2008

Curtains For Us

Josie and I live on the second floor of a high-rise. We're close to the Hudson River, but apparently not close enough as a developer is building a new high rise between us and the West Side Highway. If I owned, I'd be pissed, but I rent, so I don't care...except for one thing.

We don't have curtains. Why? We're lazy and we keep thinking we'll move. Problem is that construction workers are now working from 7-4 weekdays this close to our window...




Now, it's not so bad now as they are still working on ground floor kinda stuff. They only see us if we are standing by our window. The only people who can see us are working the crane...



Point being, within a couple of months, we are going to either buy curtains, or sublease our place for a pretty penny to a family of exhibitionists.

Rock On,

Aitch

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I was going to suggest exhibitionism. If you could figure a way to charge a fee, you might even be able to earn enough to live rent-free!

Harris said...

hey caitlin,

if you wanna throw one of those kinda parties, we'll rent it out to ya.

rock on,

aitch

Anonymous said...

You could pick up an inexpensive can of white paint and put a coat on the glass in the windows. You will still get light but have nice privacy. If you want to see out, just take a razor-blade scraper and clear a little spot. then you can just put a yellow sticky note over that.

Inexpensive and built to stay that way.

Harris said...

hey david,

you win my award for most ridiculous solution to any real problem for the day.

you're welcome.

rock on,

aitch

Rickey said...

If you hold up signs to your apartment window, will the iron workers spraypaint your name on the steel beams? Rickey recommends looking into this.

Anonymous said...

I am so totally honored to receive this award. Words alone cannot describe my feelings at this momentous point in the history of mankind.

Cheers!

Harris said...

hey rickey henderson,

my name? i'd put this blog! marketing, my man, marketing.

hey david,

if you mkae it to NY, you may hug me...once.

rock on,

aitch

Rickey said...

(Rickey was referring to that leukemia commercial they run before the movies)