Friday, August 8, 2008

The Eye of The Beholder

So, as promised, Josie and I saw The Lost Boys 2.

Josie hated it - horrible acting, horrible dialogue...just horrible.

Me? I liked it.

While I can't argue with Josie's points, as they are inarguable, I like B-Movies that kinda suck, as long as they are fun and not boring...and this certainly fit the bill.

Actually, the dialogue and acting were so bad that Corey Feldman's returning role as Edgar Frog seemed different this time around even though he played it the same ultra-serious, hammy way he did in the first one.

The difference was that in this one, everyone was ultra-serious and hammy.

Anyway, it was horrible or fun.

BTW - Saw 28 Weeks Later a few days ago - awesome! May even be better than 28 Days Later, which was awesome too.

Guess I won't be a movie reviewer either.

Rock On,

Aitch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worst movie ever. I could have cried over how terrible the whole thing was. And what the heck was up with Corey Feldman's voice?

Anonymous said...

This fits well with my Jurassic Park theory of film making.

Jurassic Park is a bad movie - when I went to see it in theaters I was still a movie snob, and I knew it was going to be a bad movie.

But they did what they advertised; dinosaurs ate people, broke things and looked pretty cool.

Mission accomplished.

I'll watch pretty much anything, and I don't care what it does, as long as it doesn't bore me and it does what it says it was going to do.

I still follow the Jurassic Park rule today, and I rarely leave disappointed.

Anonymous said...

If you only like admittedly horrible movies, maybe you have a potential career as a "movie avoidance reviewer"

It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.

Cheers

Harris said...

Hey catherinette,

worst movie ever?!? depends on your definition - Manos: Hands of Fate is widely seens as The Worst Flick Ever, but I love it - hilarious (google it if necessary - there's a 20 page review somehow on the internets

but yer right...Feldman was in Total Raspy Voiced Ham Mode...actually, maybe he was trying out to play Batman next go 'round.


hey sinisterdan,

i agree - i got what i was expecting (though I was hoping for a good ending, a la the first one...no dice)

hey david,

i actually used to review low-low budget flicks for a horror magazine - I should put them up here since the mag is defunct.

rock on,

aitch