Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stewie vs. The Sheriff of Urine Park (and the NYPD)

Josie and I (somewhat) affectionately refer to the small park next to our apartment as Urine Park. Reason being that's where everyone brings their dog to do their business. During the summer, the smell is so strong that we feel a song -"Downwind At Urine Park" - may be in order (lyrics to come).

My building's super (insert pic of Schneider) is in charge of keeping Urine Park clean. Here he is doing just that this AM...


Due to Stewie's ball-playing proclivities (technically, illegal in Urine Park), The Sheriff and Stewie (ok, I) play a game of cat and mouse (or dog) every morning as I watch for him as I take Stewie off the leash and begin throwing the ball. He's caught me a couple of times, asking me to put Stew back on the leash, that if he let Stew off, he'd have to let all the dogs off. Which is fine...he's doing his job.

A couple of weeks ago, a new wrinkle: Some NYPD traffic cop started parking her little car right outside Urine Park, every friekin' morning. Then, she'd sit in it, and read a newspaper and drink coffee. We had stopped playing there...until this morning.

Before taking Stew out, I was watching The Shawshank Redemption for the thirteen hundredth time, and I couldn't help but think....


Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'


So we went out, ball in hand, and played, right in front of the cop.


And we got a ticket...


just kiddin' - that woulda sucked.


We played...the cop never looked up from her paper, and then you know, we went in. Umm, that's it.

To make this entry worthwhile, here's a blurry pic of Stewie after he got into the laundry...



Rock On,
Aitch




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admit it, you got tasered, didn't you?

Anonymous said...

Has anyone gotten to you and Stewie yet? I could be a friend to you. And then you'll be able to play ball where ever you want.

Harris said...

hey boggs,

I don't spose it matters to you that Stewie and I aren't homosexuals...

actually, Stewie may be...based on his humping activities.

rock on,

aitch

Anonymous said...

Stewie is so cute! Was the cop sitting downwind? Maybe that's why she didn't look up.

Thanks for commenting on my blog today. I'm glad I found your blog. I love good dog comedy. :)
I'll be back.

Harris said...

hey leeuna,

thanks! (as if I have something to do with Stewie's "cuteness")

as you can see, i got plenty of dog comedy...he should be a comedian.

rock on,

aitch