Friday, February 22, 2008

As Judge Chamberlain Haller asked, "Yurt? What's a Yurt?"

Josie has been planning our Cali vacation. She asked me yesterday if we can stay for a night here.

Without looking, I just e-mailed back, "Sure."

She wrote how happy she was cause she wasn't sure I would go for that kinda place.

Huh?

Naturally, I immediately went through my "deleted"file, and clicked on said location. If you clicked on it, you'd see that they don't have rooms...they have yurts.

Yurts are "circular fabric structures." Man, I haven't slept in a fabric structure since, well, actaully, like two weeks ago.

Anyway, they advertise the yurt (I love that word already) as "comfort food for the soul." I'm assuming it's run by ex-hippies.

I think my favorite part is that "shower and restroom facilities are only a short stroll away." (who "strolls" to the shower?)

The good news is that if you forget to bring a flashlight, they will supply you with one.

Rock On,

Aitch

5 comments:

Bee said...

Communal showers/ restrooms? Is that the new fad?
I fell in love with the word “yurt” when I saw a documentary on the Mongols. Every since then I just say it at random times for no real reason.

Thanks for the “quotes” link! :o)

Harris said...

hey bee,

if that's the new fad, then i will continue to be out of style.

it's a great word - "you're such a yurt!"

awesome

rock on,

aitch

Anonymous said...

What happens if you come back from the restroom and and have to tell Josie, "Oh lord...I just stepped in some yurt!"

Harris said...

hey anonymous (though i know who wrote this),

i'll be mad as yurt!

rock on,

aitch

Anonymous said...

self-serve waffle bar. self-serve waffle bar.

eyes on the prize, baby.