Monday, February 25, 2008

First Comic Standing

This morning was another audition, one on a much smaller scale than Last Comic Standing. It was scheduled to be held from 11 AM till 3 PM at Caroline's. I wanted to be one of the first on line so I could get to my day gig, so I got there around 8 AM.


There was no one there.


Really not wanting to be the first one there, I walked to Dunkin' Donuts to get some coffee. Got back around 8:20.


Still, there was no one there.


Walked around the block.


Not a soul.


Got an egg and cheese sandwich. Got back around 9:15.


Still...No one. Checked my cell phone to see if I was there on the right date. Yup.


Finally, around 9:30, someone else showed.


I felt better... after that, I just had to worry about warding off frostbite.


ANYWAY, though we were told to do 2-3 minutes, I did about a minute before the judges stopped me. I'll hear in a few days if I made it (it being a "March Madness" competition for comics at the club).


Rock On,


Aitch






2 comments:

Josh Homer said...

did they say when they would call us back?

Harris said...

hey josh homer,

they said, "within a few days."

rock on,

aitch