Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Today Show Are Enablers

Before I get into this, I will be posting a new Fresh Direct related post later today/early manana, so stay tuned...and yes, that means you, freshdirect.com who's been snoopin' around here since my last post - actually, that IS the crux of my post...so umm, that's it, basically Big Brother is watching).

ANYWAY, this morning, I was watching the idiots on The Today Show laughing at nothing (as usual), when they did a segment on a prank concocted by some members of The Philadelphia Phillies upon a teammate. Fine...

They interviewed head-prankster and fun-loving guy, pitcher Brett Myers . The problem is, he is a douchebag. A Class A douchebag at that.

If you check out the wikipedia page I linked to, or do a search, you'll see that he was arrested last year for punching his wife in public. He wasn't suspended or anything, but took a short leave to deal with it. Of course, she declined to press charges but they are in counselling.

BTW - This story is reason 639,791 that I'm no longer into sports. It's impossible to root for any of these guys.

And, oh yeah, he was an amateur boxer. Beautiful.

Rock On,

Aitch

3 comments:

Harris said...

hey josh homer,

guess, i'm different. i just wanna get famous so i can refer to myself in the third person and people will think that's normal.

rock on,

aitch

Deb Rox said...

It's also reason (some bigger number) not to watch morning "news" shows. Or evening ones for that matter.

Harris said...

Hey deb,

Ironically, I watch because my girlfriend likes to watch them. Okay, that's not ironic, BUT what if I told you that she works with survivors of domestic abuse? That's kinda ironic...I think.

rock on,

aitch