Friday, February 8, 2008

Last Comic Standing Audition - Epilogue

Couple of final thoughts -

1 - From what I've heard, even people who got the callback didn't get to audition for the judges. Supposedly, it got kinda crazy later in the afternoon, and there just wasn't time since they had to see the booked people.

2 - Number one, combined with the assembly line bs for us, and I've decided not to watch this season. And I ask that the many, many members of Bloom Nation (?) follow suit.

3 - My ego may be larger than I thought. When comedy buds of mine who got booked auditions walked past in the AM, I tended to shy away, not really wanting to be seen on the line. That would be reason enough for me to try harder to get a booked audition next year.

4 - Josh Homer is a funny guy. If you get the chance to seem him, do so.


5 - I think the joke the scout liked best of mine was #1 Super Bowl thought from here, so thanks Jill Twiss for giving me the confidence to throw it out there!

UPDATE -

6 - Speaking of Jill, it looks like some of the booked acts didn't really get respect either.

And now, for some pics....





Dunno if you can see, but this is a pic of the contract. In it, I signed that I would alert the producers if I felt discriminated against based on religion, sex, etc. For the age part, it says "40 and over." Only in comedy are males discriminated against for being 40 (of course every profession discriminates against women over 40).





As you can see, they took a Polaroid of us so they could better remember who's who after we left. My picture looks like I was there as part of some Make-A-Wish Foundation event.

So that's it for Last Comic Standing. I will have another post up a little later this AM (or early afternoon), so come back now, ya hear!

Rock On,

Aitch

2 comments:

Josh Homer said...

thanks for the shout out.

looks like next year for LCS I'm dressing up as Jesus so I get a booked audition. Then when I get on stage in front of the judges I rip off the outfit and do my regular act.

badslava said...

Who needs LCS when we have Maui Taco?