Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What's the Opposite of a Conversation Piece?

I've always despised telling people my day job (Regulatory Accounting) since I really don't wanna talk about it - it's about ten times more boring than regular accounting (and we all know from sitcoms and movies how boring accounting and accountants are) and I really don't wanna think about it when I'm not at work (or even at work - haha).

But last night at the New Years Party I went to I found out that it could be worse. Here's a snippet of dialogue between my girlfriend, Josie, and everyone she met....

Everyone she met: So, what do you do for a living?
Josie: I'm a therapist for survivors of sexual assault.
Everyone she met: (stare, take sip of beer)
Josie: (sip drink, stare)
Everyone she met: Good dip, huh?

She "wins"

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: