Tuesday, January 1, 2008

How Much Change Would You Pick Up?

Like most, I went to a party last night. Good time, drank, blah, blah, blah... but there's always that time in every gathering, where I just run out of stuff to say. Whether I'm hanging at a bar with friends, or a party with (ed note: Josie drank more than I...she just ran into bathroom...I turned up TV) mostly stangers. I'm always amazed at how other people just keep talking, for hours at a time, and not repeat themselves.

As weird as it sounds, once I became a comic, it's actually gotten worse. Once someone mentions, "I hear your're a comic," immediately my vocal chords go into shut down mode. (not to self: come up with clever line). Which is really bizarre, since you'd think that at least I have an interesting job to talk about.

But as I mentioned, even with friends, I run out of stuff to talk about. One "conversation topic" I've used to inspire debate is the ol' "How Much Change Would You Pick Up?" question (well, it's ol' to me) - I dunno if it needs further explanation but, I ask people if they were walking down the street, how much change would have to be lying on the sidewalk for you to kneel down to pick it up.

(Josie left bathroom...back to bed for her)

Last night, we came up with another: "What if you had two heads, but the second head could see ten minutes into the future, would you keep the second head?" or "What if you could solve world peace, but you'd have to keep the second head, would you?"

Looks like I'm good for another year.

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: