Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Moment of Truth

I have to admit, I was really looking forward to watching Fox's latest attempt to strike reality gold in The Moment of Truth.

For those who haven't heard of it, it's a quiz show where someone answers increasingly embarrassing questions...all with their spouse/partner/whatever watching. The coming attractions had questions like "Do fat people repulse you?" and "Do you think you will still be married to your husband in five years?" It's kinda like a quiz version of The Jerry Springer Show.

So I watched.

My review? Meh minus.

Here's the thing: After the host asks a question, like, "Since you've been married, have you ever flirted on the Internet?" the contestant pauses, before answering, "No." They always pause. Why? It's not like they're gonna fool the lie detector... and if they lie, we're gonna know. It's an annoying way to attempt to build tension (much like after the answer, several seconds go by before we hear whether he/she was lying).

Here's another problem, at least as far as I'm concerned: Let's say, they ask if he's cheated on his spouse and he answers "yes." The studio audience will hoot and hollar, but honestly, who cares? I don't know these people. Millions of people cheat. Big deal.

It's not like it's my girlfriend on the show, answering crap that even I don't wanna hear.

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: