Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Vindicated! (Sort Of)

Though I've always like The American version of The Office, I didn't think it was up to par with the English version. The main reason was that though Steve Carrell is excellent, I thought (and think) he plays the character as "too stupid" (Ricky Gervais, while playing it more evil, played it far less stupid). I never understood how Michael Scott keeps his job, much less his girlfriend. I mean seriously, why did Jan put up with him? It made no sense.

And I guess the producers agreed with me.

You see, I haven't watched The Office for a while, mainly cause I have other stuff to watch (like this)....but I recently caught a few episodes from last season, and I noticed one big change... No, Michael isn't smarter

...Jan is now an idiot too.

It's almost like a different character from when I last saw her. She used to be just as flabbergasted as we were at Michael's antics, but now she's got her own antics for us to be flabbergasted about.

Did I miss a plot point? Did getting laid off drive her insane? Does dating someone insane make you insane? What are the writers telling us?

Rock On,

Aitch

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

It's gotta be hard to follow Ricky Gervais. He's the best! But, I still like Steve Carrell in the American version. But he does get a little too pathetic sometimes.
My favorite character is Andy. He's the funniest.

Harris said...

hey kirsten,

it would be tough except that i dont think most americans have ever seen the brit version.

i like andy too, but again, why does he like angela so much? not only is she dowdy, but she doesn't seem to even like him (thats basically how i decided who i liked..by who liked me)

rock on,

aitch