Friday, September 5, 2008

Idyllic? I Think Not

Everyone always talks about "The Good Ol' Days" like the '50's were some kind of innocent nirvana, while today life is such a chore.

Well, I was watching Grease the other night for the 389th time, and I couldn't help but notice how angry and sarcastic everyone was (except Frenchie) - in fact, Sandy "fit in" at the end by changing into a bitchy temptress for Danny (it was enough that Danny "attempted" to change)...don't get me wrong, I'm angry and sarcastic so it didn't bother me in the least, I'm just sayin' that maybe things weren't so peachy keen.

Rock On,

Aitch

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've watched grease that many times?

i'm having second thoughts.

Harris said...

hey josie,

wait...oh shoot...no, i didn't see Grease 389 times..it's that other Travolta flick...

Battlefield Earth.

Better?

Rock On,

Aitch

Josh Homer said...

as a black dude I never refer to the 50s as the good old days.

kimberoo99 said...

i remember watching happy days and my dad or someone explained that the fonzies of the world weren't looked at with awe and admiration by his peers. apparantly, the college bound kids knew the greasers had no future. maybe that's where their anger came from. frenchie may have been a beauty school drop out, but she showed some initiative.

Harris said...

hey josh homer,

yeah, but what about your white half?

hey kimberoo99,

well, they SHOULDN't have been...they were ne'er do wells (did i write that right?). True, Frenchie was prolly a republican.

rock on,

aitch

Kirsten said...

Rizzo is one of the bitchiest and sarcasticist (I know, I just made it up) character ever! that's why I love her.
She also thought she was knocked up. She was a slut too!

Harris said...

hey kirsten,

i woulda loved her too if she didn't look like she was 40.

rock on,

aitch

kimberoo99 said...

yeah, clearly rizzo skipped her "." like a broken typewriter b/c she was starting menopause

Harris said...

hey kimberoo99,

ha!

hey josh homer,

ah, forbidden love. i know all about that...i think they covered it in Season Four of the Facts of Life.

Rock On,

Aitch