Friday, September 12, 2008

At Least The Show Went Well

I rarely eat before shows due to nerves. So after my show last night, I was starving. Josie said she'd make pasta when we got home but it'll take 15 minutes.

"15 minutes?!" I replied, "I can't wait that long." Especially considering we had decided to walk the 20 minutes to get home. I suggested we stop off at her favorite empanada place, Empanada Mama's. She happily agrees, and we order there. We wait about ten minutes for our food and take it go.

As soon as we left, I wondered out loud why I ordered so little. So when we passed this hole-in-the-wall Haitian place that I always wanted to try, Josie asked if I wanted to get something from there too.

"Yes!" I answered and we entered. As an aside, I felt like I was in a foreign country as soon as I walked in. Not only did it appear that everyone in there was Haitian, but I had to ask the woman at the counter to repeat herself like three times cause I couldn't make out her accent.

I ended up ordering the fried pork with plantains.
"15 minutes," she told me.

25 minutes later, Josie was waiting outside, while I was inside (thinking that my standing there would make this go faster). She texted me something about "What's taking so long?"
I asked her, "What can I do?"
"Throw at fit. Cry," She answered.

Anyway, 10 minutes after that, we got our food and finally made our way home.

I prolly shoulda ordered one of their more exotic dishes (like oxtail or cow's feet) cause to be honest, though the fried pork was decent, it wasn't any better than something like, say, pasta.

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: