Friday, September 26, 2008

Judging A Book

I was getting ready to board the subway this AM, waiting for people to disembark, when I felt someone behind me, pushing me to get on. I glanced back to see this huge black dude.

We got on, the train wasn't crowded, and I headed to a corner. This guy stood right next to me, his bag rubbing against me. I started to push back a little, and he backed off a little. A few minutes later he leaned into me again, though I couldn't tell if it was him pushing or just swaying with the train's motion around bends. But then it happened again. And Again. This went on for a few stops, until a woman got up and he swarmed to her seat.

A couple stops later, this older white woman got on. He immediately tapped her on the shoulder and asked if she wanted his seat. And I felt bad. For him.

Rock On,

Aitch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that was awkward.

Do you respond and risk seeming interested or do you push back and seem hostile?