Thursday, May 1, 2008

Everyone's A Comedian

Last night was actually a dress rehearsal for this scenario.

Me, Josie, Doug, and a couple other friends were hangin' out at Conker Hill, a bar in Hell's Kitchen. We went there cause we thought it was Trivia Night, an event we won a few weeks ago (it was our first time there, too!). Alas, for some unexplained reason it was cancelled last night, but we decided to have a few drinks anyway.

After we had bought a few rounds, the bartender offered to buy us back one.
"Not for me, thanks," I started, "I've had enough." I did have three Guinesses (Guinei?).
"Sorry, but I'm pouring for everyone," the bartender insisted.
That's when I got the idea...
"Okay, we'll have a Stella, a Bud Light, a Whisky Sour, and..." I leaned in, and whispered, "A Diet Coke."
"What was that?" The bartender asked, "A Diet Coke?!"
"Umm, yeah."

Of course, it didn't die there. When he came back with the drinks, he loudly asked, "Okay, who's got the Diet Coke, again?!?"

Rock On,

Aitch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you wrote this because i was about to call you out on your other post.

diet coke. hmph.

Harris said...

hey josie,

call me out? for what?

rock on,

aitch