Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yeah, About What I Said...Umm, Forget It...

I dunno if you recall this blog entry, where I claimed to be an animal lover....even though I do eat animals. I just don't think about how it got on my plate. I'm sure if I saw Fast Food Nation, I'd stop eating meat. Okay, maybe not, but I would cry while eating it.

What that has to do with the fact that I ate crickets last night, I don't know.

But yeah, I ate crickets.

Josie came home with them - apparently, they were giving away boxes of them at subway stations as a promo gimmick for Bizarre Foods, some show on the Travel Channel.





As you can see, they were "bacon and cheese" flavored. It really put my "I'm tellin' ya...I'd eat anything if it were slathered in bacon and cheese" theory to the test.

I love the package...with crickets on it. You don't see cows on meat packages (though you do on computer packages...odd)

How'd they taste? Like chicken...kiddin' - like popcorn, well, bacon and cheese flavored popcorn. Which is delicious!

Warning - If your significant other isn't thrilled the the whole "eating crickets" idea, don't pretend you're a giant prehistoric lizard slowly eating them, while sitting within throwing distance.

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: