Thursday, March 27, 2008

It Never Fails....

So this new literary magazine, Two With Water, accepted one of my essays, on the condition that I make certain revisions.
"Sure," I e-mailed, "No problem."
So I made the revisions.
I just got the following e-mail from them...

Thanks again for your revision and your interest in Two With Water. You'll find more of our (humble) comments attached. Unfortunately, with the revisions made, we don't think the piece fits in with the publication at this time. We welcome and appreciate any other submissions you'd like to make in the future. Thanks again, Harris.

A quick synopsis -

They accept, contingent on revisions ----- I make said revisions ----- they reject, based on said revisions.

The moral is obvious - don't buy Two With Water.

This actually reminds me when I wrote a book about Internet Dating (called "Don't Post A Picture If You're Ugly." - catchy, no?) at the behest of a small press publisher. When the book was just about done, they went out of business.

It's things like these that make me think that CBS won't show this afternoon.

Rock On,

Aitch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They had better show, or else.

Harris said...

hey stewie,

how's my li'l muffin-head doin'? Who's the cutest li'l pup on the block? You are! Yes! You are! A woo woo woo woo woo woo! What a good boy!

to everyone else: sorry.

rock on,

aitch

Deb Rox said...

publishers suck.

Harris said...

hey deb,

i agree...until one publishes my book. then, they're awesome

rock on,

aitch