Friday, March 21, 2008

I Left My Harp In Sam Clam's Disco

Still in Napa - Napa was awesome but it whenever yer in the midst of a seven-month old baby, it's gonna be about the baby. And though I'm horrible at small talk, or feigning it, I did my best...
"Does she sleep well?"
"How often do you feed her?"
"I went to school with a Lucy...man, was she ugly."

San Francisco - After spending a day drinking wine, we (actually, she) drove to San Francisco to spend a couple of days.
I love San Francisco...seriously, if I had no family, I'd prolly look into moving there (unless, ummm, Josie didn't want to). Only problem I have with it are the hills (which is kinda like saying the only problem one has with chocolate ice cream is the chocolate). I dunno if I could drive there. We stayed at some cool, but garishly colored hotel (Something Del Sol?) fairly close to the wharf. Maybe I was just in a Cali state of mind but it reminded me of where Daniel and his mom lived in The Karate Kid. I even called maintenance hoping they would send an old, quiet Asian buddinski (what? well, he was). But they didn't. And the Spanish guy kept insisting he doesn't know anything about karate.

We visited Alcatraz - I wonder if anyone's visited and not said The Rock with a Scottish accent. Pretty cool, walked into cells, watched videos, even walked through the gift shop (in case visitors forgot to bring something for their loved ones). Little known fact: The prisoners didn't make license plates, they made guns (I may've misheard).

(Either my dog wants to play or, well, my dog wants to play - I'll write more layta)

Rock on,

Aitch

1 comment:

Harris said...

hey dorkie-she,

patience is a virtue.

ha!

rock on anyway,

aitch