Friday, March 28, 2008

Stewie's Big Break

Yesterday, the CBS Early Show spent an hour and a half in our apartment, for this. The segment being filmed was for a new product to test your dog's IQ.

The crew brought the various instruments to test Stewie (e.g. diff colored cups, balls, masks - which will be explained later).

Here were some of my favorite tests:

1 - The reporter (Dr. Debbye Turner - former Miss America btw) took Stewie into the bedroom, while I placed a blanket over my head. I then called him to me. The key was to see if he'd recognize my voice and try to get in. Also, would he be successful...or if he'd get scared? (He tried to get in for a while but then gave up). During this test, I kept pleading with Stew to find me since I was sweating and losing consciousness in there (half true)

2 - I threw a ball and told Stewie to bring it to me. (He did) I then throw the ball but don't say anything (He still brought it back to me - not surprising as Stewie is obsessed with playing ball)

3 - My favorite (I hope this gets aired) - I went into the bedroom and put on a knit hat, the kind that goes over your face, with holes for your eyes and mouth. And then walk into the living room and see Stewie's reaction. The funny part was that I left my glasses on, outside the mask. I looked like a geeky burglar. (Stewie jumped on me while wagging his tail as if I was a giant bone).

Other highlights include...

- Stewie taking breaks during almost every task to lick himself
- Me constantly squealing "You can do it Stewie! C'mon boy! You're right there! C'mon Stewie!"(I'm afraid if they show any of that, every friend of mine will greet me with a high-pitched "Hi Harris! C'mon boy! Here we are! Good Boy!!")
- Me sweating (I was having flashbacks of my the Blind Date incident of 2001, where I was selected to be on the TV show Blind Date but I sweated so much during the filming that they couldn't use it)

ANYWAY, set yer VCR's, DVR's, DVD's (can you record on them?) for Tuesday AM, sometime between 8 and 9 AM...if you wanna see my pup get his first TV credit.

Rock On,

Aitch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, they're running this on April fools day? Are they joking or are you?

Harris said...

hey dm (?),

Hmmm...tune in to find out...I know I will.

rock on,

aitch

Anonymous said...

yeah, maybe dm is onto something...maybe they just wanted to see if you would wear a ski mask and hide under a blanket. (dear god, i hope that part airs!)