Friday, June 27, 2008

Thanks Mom

My grandfather had Factor 11 – which I know sounds like a secret government base in the southwestern desert used for interrogating aliens – but it’s a form of hemophilia.

Although I didn’t have it, whenever I went to a doc with my mom, she’d always feel the need to tell him it’s in our family, and finish it with, “…you do know what that is, right?” The doctor would always look at her with a "Do I look like I finished at the bottom of my class, lady?" look on his face.

To this day, she still brings it up any chance she gets, making sure I remember that it runs in our family.

The other day, while working on my teeth, my dentist noted that it's taking a while because I was bleeding a bit. I had to fight myself not to start screaming, "Oh my God!! It's the Factor 11!!! Run for your lives!!!!"

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: