Sunday, December 2, 2007

Our Reputations Preceed Us

When I told my mom that Josie and I are moving in together, she said, "Is this leading to something or is this going to be like the last one?" *

When Josie told her brother that we were moving in together he asked, "Are you pregnant?!?"

When she told her mom (via phone), Josie told me that the line went silent for a good (bad?) fifteen seconds. On the bright side, I hear when she moved on with her "last one" and told her mother, the line went dead for thirty seconds.

So maybe she does like me.

Rock On,

Aitch

* The "last one" and I lived together for two years and then split up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to list my dad's reaction, which could best be described as...non-responsive.

Harris said...

Yeah

I'd have to say the overall response to our good news (can't wait till we have some bad news!) was underwhelming.

I think we should both individually call our parents, crying, and tell them that we were dumped. I'd love to hear the "I was afraid of this..." and then tell them it was a joke...and then they'd say that wasn't funny, and then we'd say, "Oh, yes it was" and then they'd say...

okay, i have too much free time.

Rock On,

Aitch

P.S. Bring home milk. xoxo