Thursday, November 15, 2007

Interview much?

I was watching The Today Show this morning. They ask questions every day in a "Getting to Know the Hosts" segment (or something like that...I dont really give a crap why they do it).

The question to the Asian newswoman (I don't know her name, but I assume if you watch, you know her) was "Why did you get into news?"

Her response was, "Because knowledge is power, and I want to give people as much power as possible."

I'm not sure what would be worse...whether that was her off-the-cuff response, or if that was actually her rehearsed answer.

Either way, I'd like to think that America collectively rolled its eyes.

But I know better.

Rock On,

Aitch

3 comments:

Harris said...

I'm like that with a lot of TV shows... I used to watch Sex in the City every week and get angry at the one-dimensionality of the characters (not to mention Carrie cheating on Aiden, and the fact that so many people outside NY thought that THIS is what NY's like), and yet, every week, I'd watch it again.

rock on,

aitch

Tom RagĂș said...

very funny. Anne Curry is as dumb as a pair of boots. Watch how many times she says "Good morning" when she does the news... "Good Morning Matt. Good Morning Meredith. Good Morning everyone. Good morning..." enough already with the good morning.

later, Aitch...

Tom

Harris said...

Yer right...and it's doubly annoying fer me since, don't ask me why, but I hate the phrase "Good Morning."

I never say it.

Aitch