Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm Directing My Anger Better...

Did a show last night for fifteen people. Nine of them went to a funeral the day before. A crowd like that could either wanna laugh to release the tension of the past few days, or not be in the mood to laugh. They weren't in the mood to laugh (they were at the show because one of the comics on the bill is related to the mourners).

If I'd done this show when I was new, I woulda went home and wanted to shoot myself. Nowadays, since I know that my material is funny, I wanted to shoot them.

Now, that's what I call progress!

Rock on,

Aitch

2 comments:

Tom RagĂș said...

Progress.

That's a good thing.

The worst gig I did was for 9 people on a Saturday afternoon/night - 4 of whom I brought to the comedy club to see me.

The rest of the folks looked like they came out to have a bad time - and I was interrupting them.

Sheeesh.

Later, Aitch...

Tom

Harris said...

Yo Tom,

Ah, the joys of bringer shows...someday we'll laugh at it.

At least that's what I'm hopin' fer.

Rock On,

Aitch