Monday, July 27, 2009

Muggers With Hearts Of Gold

After my show Saturday, I met up with a few guys who lived in my courtyard growing up. I hadn't seen these guys in about 25 years.

We recounted old stories including the time one of them and another buddy of ours got mugged in Flushing Meadow Park while riding new bicycles. The muggers took their bikes, leaving them the old bikes they were riding...which makes sense. I mean, it would prolly be a pain to carry the old bikes with them.

Another time, one of them got mugged at knife-point. The guy asked him what he had in his brown bag.
"Lunch."
"What is it?"
"Peanut butter and jelly."

The mugger then took his lunch... and gave my buddy his knife. And that's how my bud got his first knife.

I'd love to know if there was some Rules of Mugging involving leaving the muggee with something of value, cause when I got mugged, I got nutin'.

harris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought Philly was the City of Brotherly Love. Sounds like NYC is. :)

Shirley said...

You got nutin'? Man, you were robbed!