Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Should Start An "Awkward Moment Of The Week" Series

Yesterday, it was raining (As it has been for three days) when I had to catch a bus. While waiting, an elderly black woman with a walker joined me, but she didn't have an umbrella. She thanked me when I asked her if she wanted to share my umbrella. And so began the most awkward ten minutes of this week.

I mean, seriously, after, "What 'bout this rain?" what else was there? I'll tell you what...

After two minutes - Man, where is this bus?
After five minutes - Is that it? No.
After eight minutes - No, I think that's a truck.
After ten minutes - Just so ya know, I voted for Obama.

harris

3 comments:

David said...

Awkward indeed. What was the expression on her face when you announced your vote?

Anonymous said...

You should have just picked up your phone and had a fake conversation (like you do any time you want to avoid something).

--Nadia

Harris said...

david -

Either she didn't hear me or was PRETENDING she didn't hear me (which is what I woulda done)

Anon (Nadia),

Good call! (So to speak)

harris