Friday, May 15, 2009

Rock Of Ages - My (Second) Review

Now that Rock of Ages is on Broadway, and my bud is making his Broadway debut (never that I'd ever write that sentence in my lifetime), I saw it again.

Really, a fun show - Constantine Maroulis is perfect for the role, the supporting actors are all good, and the back-up drummer totally rocks (Ronnie!!!).

I have to admit that I was in tears for most of the show, for the same reason people cried when Obama became President - I never thought I'd get to hear Quiet Riot on Broadway in my lifetime. Yup, same reason.

I don't like to brag, but I was in a band during high school. For a week. Our first song was going to be a cover of "The Time Warp" from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. We quit when we realized that none of us could play any instruments. Or sing. We were basically The Sex Pistols without the attitude or the drug habit.

harris

No comments: