Friday, December 19, 2008

Too Early To Call It A Trend But...

(originally posted on a blog for comics)

I've seen three "comics" at open mics over the past few weeks make some sort of "The Jews are to blame for the economy" jokes (without any kind of punchline, natch'). Unfortunately, every time I've heard it, I already had my stage time, so I sat in silence. I didn't walk out as I firmly believe everyone who spends their five bucks has a right to say whatever he/she wants and besides, I'm always curious how the other comics in the crowd respond (usually with silence, mixed with nervous laughter)

If I were to go up after one of those rants, I'd bring up how bizarre it is that no one was praising the Jews during the boom times... I don't think I've ever heard anyone say, "Man, thank God for the Jews... this economy is awesome!" - and if yer gonna say that YOU didn't profit during the economic expansion, maybe it's time to look in the freakin' mirror and see that maybe it aint the Jews but yourself.

Before anyone tells me, "sure, you think that, you're a jew who walks into open mics in a suit, probably with some wall street job," lemmee tell ya...you're right. I am and i do...I also grew up on welfare in a single-parent home, lived with my mom and bro in a one-bedroom apartment till I was about 20, and went to the closest college to my mom's apartment cause I couldn't afford a car.

So spew all ya want, you paid yer money, but if yer wondering why I'm looking at you like you're a loser, well, now you know.

harris

2 comments:

kimberoo99 said...

hopefully in your next act you will point those things out before they get up,beat them to the punch, and make them look like the fools they are.

Harris said...

hey kimberoo99,

i'd rather do it after - hate givin' hate the last word.

harris