Friday, January 26, 2007

Subway Story

http://www.reallysmalltalk.com/subway.htm

So I was on the subway going home from to Manhattan from my bro's in Bayside yesterday. I looked up momentarily from my newspaper and saw I was sitting opposite two women, both approx 60 years old. One of them caught my eyes and asked me something but I couldn't hear her over the train noise.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Inettocdndpsjdffsdfk," she said again. I looked at the lady next to her for help, but she just shrugged and went back to her newspaper.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't understand you." I asked again, arching towards her.

"I said 'Who told you the train will stop forever?'" she loudly repeated.

I looked at the other woman, who looked at me, shrugged, and went back to her paper. Realizing the woman was insane, I gave her the one answer I hoped would get her off my case.

"She told me," I said, and pointed at the newspaper reader. The paper reader laughed. The other woman started peppering her with questions as I went back to my paper.

When the sane woman was getting off at the next stop, she stopped momentarily to ask/tell me, "You couldn't say the radio?"

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: