Sunday, January 7, 2007

My Version of "Guns or Butter?"

One of my Christmas gifts was a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble.

I went at lunchtime to buy a few books but couldn't help but notice the Godiva chocolate bars lined up by the registers. I began to wonder if I could use my certificate to buy candy.

Raspberry, Almonds and Toffee, and Dark....I took two of each, figuring I'll ask if I can use the card while I buy the one book I took (felt like an idiot just buyng candy).

The line was like a wishbone, and I begged the person next to me to go in front of me even though she said I was definitely there first, which I was but didn't want anyone around when I asked about the chocolates. While waiting for her to complete her purchase, I decided that I would feel like an idiot if I cant use the card to buy the chocolate so I put the chocolate back. When I got to the front, I pretended to just noticce the chocolate and casually asked the salesperson if I could, in fact, use my card to buy chocolate bars.

"Sure."

I told him I'll be RIGHT back.

And THAT'S why I'm sittin' here with 4 Chocolate Raspberry...4 Chocolate with Almonds and Toffee, and 3 Dark Chocolate Godiva Chocolate Bars in my desk.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna return the book I bought and buy more chocolate.

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: