Friday, November 20, 2009

Harris Goes To College

As many of you know, I graduated from Queens College, living at home the entire time. Not going away to school is one of my big regrets (becoming a Jets fan is another). My, wife, Josie, has decided to do something about it.

My birthday is next week, and in honor of it, Josie is throwing me a "Harris Goes To College" pub crawl in Hell's Kitchen. I will be drinking till I puke. As I am not much of a drinker and the crawl starts at 6 PM, I expect that to be around 7:30. I am prepared for my frat-boy experience by reading tucker max, playing hackey sack in shorts and stocking up on roofies.

One problem will be that my sweet tooth extends to drinks. I can't tell you how many times I have ordered drinks for Josie and I, and when the waiter brings them, I had to give her the Guinness and take my Appletini.

The problem with that is sweet drinks make for a bad hangover (and I have to help a friend move the next day, followed by a show for 50 elderly Jews later...oy!) I can't drink beer cause, well, I don't really like it (I think someone is bringing a funnel but I think that's gonna be left unused).

My plan is to drink margaritas, but not just any margaritas, as my friend, and drinking guru, Doug Adler told me I have to only get them made with 100% agave tequila, whatever that is...He said I should ask for "silver margaritas." Yes, the mix will prolly give me the hangover, but the good alcohol will lessen it.

Or I may just funnel Appletinis all night. We'll see.

The review, tomorrow (Or more likely Sunday)

harris

1 comment:

molly said...

i never saw a follow-up, did i miss something?
or don't you remember it?