Monday, May 7, 2007

Where's Security When You Need Them

So I hosted at Gotham on Friday night. Having told my mom that she can get n free when I host, she came with some of her work friends. It may be the last time I tell her that I'm hosting.

Before the show, I was hanging with one of the managers* when mom walks in. First thing she says...

"Hi Harris...you want a banana?"

Truely a percursor of things to come.

So we start the show. As host, I'm starting the "Whereyafrom's?" I ask, "Anyone here from out of town?" Mom raises her hand.

"You're not from out of town, mom."
"Well, I was born in Kentucky."
"Yeah, but that's not what I asked."

Later on, I tell her that she's not supposed to talk to me on stage.

"Well, if you called, maybe I wouldn't have to."
"Oh, God help me." "Security?"

After the show, an audience member wanted to give me twenty bucks for my therapy.

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: