Thursday, November 2, 2006

The Greated (Work-Related) Story Ever Told

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating...alls I know is that me and Mike are still laughing.

So I sit next to Mike and we sit in front of Steve. Steve was gone for day, probably to hit Bible study class before feeding the homeless. Anyway, after getting some coffee and making my way back from the kitchen, I see Tobias, a young Asian guy, leaving some papers on Steve's chair.

With mock anger/surprise, I asked, "Umm, what are you doing?"
"Nothing...I was just leaving this for Steve."
"Dude, were you sniffing his chair?"
"Noooo!"
"I coulda sworn you were sniffing his chair."

Mike and I were already hysterical as Tobin walked back to his desk, which is just over a partition.

After an interlude in the conference room for cake* (see below), I walked over to Tobin's area.

"Tell you what, you gimmee 20 bucks and I won't tell Steve you were sniffing his seat." At least this time he laughed too.

This afternoon when Tobin came by to hand Steve some papers, I asked him, "You want to tell him or should I?"
Tobin shook his heading grinning.
"Fine, then I'll tell him," I said, then turning to Steve, "When you were gone yesterday, I caught Tobin here, sniffing your seat."
Tobin started, "I was just..." but his voice trailed off as we all started laughing.

Good times.


*We had cake due to the impending marriage of some chick that I barely know. Of course we all had to sign the card. I wrote...

Dear Gia,

Wishing you the best, which is what you deserve (based on our extremely brief conversations in the kitchen)

Harris (Accounting)

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: