Thursday, October 13, 2005

Wow

I dunno how, but I forgot to mention this 60+ year old woman, Sandy Kane, who was one of the open mic'ers at Stand Up NY this past Tuesday.

She has her own public access show on cable

Her outfit -

Fishnet socks, up to her knees
TIGHT shocking pink jogging pants
TIGHT low cut knit sweater.
Makeup that suggests she learned makeup application At The Tammy Faye Baker Makeup Institute

If you want to see pics of her, go to sandykane.com

Her voice -

Think The Nanny combined with the nanny's mother

Her act -

Bluer than blue - in fact, she kept repeating her favorite phrase, "It's not who you know, it's who you blow."

She stopped in the middle of her set to have someone in the front row take her pic (yes, she completely stopped to pose)

Anyway, she took down several of the comic's phone numbers to perhaps have us/them appear on what I thought was her show - I signed up for a goof.

Well, she just called me - kept me on the phone for 20 minutes - I don't think it's for her show, but for another - an interview type cable access show (she did say I should bring a clip of my act with me - I should bring one of me forgetting my lines)

I tuned out at one point (I think she was babbling how she used to date Jackie Mason, whose daughter looks just like him...whatever), but I when I regained consciousness, she was telling me that she thought I was wonderful and that she hopes to be my agent.

I could only think of one thing....forget a book chapter - this is a movie...and it's writing itself.

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: