Monday, January 11, 2010

Is Mark McGwire Kidding?!?

If you haven't heard, Mark McGwire finally admitted taking steroids.

He said he famously refused to answer questions during Congressional hearings about steroids because he was protecting his family (he didn't have immunity btw).

He said he came clean now because he just got hired as hitting coach for the St. Louis Cards, and didn't want to become a distraction to the team.

So, basically, he kept quiet AND came clean to for others' sake. Is he a great guy or what?

In his interview he claimed they helped him with injury but didn't affect his power numbers. I dont have them in front of me, but I'd be willing to bet that his numbers from 1989 to 1993 paled in comparison to the period from 1994 to 2000 (or whenever he retired).

There is also talk about whether his admission will help his chances of getting into the Hall of Fame (He was named on 23 percent of the ballots last time...you need 75% for inclusion).

What?!?

Why should his chances be higher because he admitted to cheating (which everyone with half a brain suspected all along)? We should reward him for cheating because he decided to be honest?

Read that again.

Right.

Harris

2 comments:

Jason said...

This is a great blog you have here. I have a humor blog myself which I hope will bring laughter to everyone's day. I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Jason
HilariousHeadlines.com/talk

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.