Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Counting Down to Standing Up - Part 4

In the old daze, whenever I saw someone talking to themselves in the street, I thought they were crazy...then, a few years ago, they invented those hands-free cell phones, so I assumed they were talking to someone else. Now, I assume they may be practicing for their first-ever standup routine - or maybe that's just me

So I made reservations to attend Gotham's New Talent Night as a spectator on Friday night -Though I'd been there before, I wanna re-check out the "lay of the land" so I can judge the best possible places to put my props when I'm on - you know, the watermelons, the monkeys, the guitar, the unicycle and the bread maker

btw - it's THIS SATURDAY NIGHT, so if ya haven't made resies, do so now (212-367-9000) - make sure ya tell 'em you're there for me

by the way, if you're planning on gettting there early to sit in the first few rows, you may wanna bring a pancho - my guess is you're bound to be hit with some combination of watermelon, sweat, and vomit.

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: