Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Quick Mom Story

Through her job, my mom met Donna Murphy, two time Tony Award Winner for Leading Lady in a Musical and now star of Wonderful Town - she hasn't been in touch with her for a few years, but when Wonderful Town opened, my mom called to wish her well. She wasn't able to speak to Donna (only got her assistant) on the phone, which my mom figured was because she was so busy.

When my mom got tickets to see the show, she made arrangements, with Donna's assistant, to go back to the dressing room after to visit. Fine.

However, since the show was so long, my mom didn't wanna wait and get home after dark so she just left.

I just got a call from my mom. The conversation went like this...

"Do you wanna hear what an impression I leave?"
"Not really."
"Well, you know how I was sposed to see Donna after the show?"
"Umm, yeah, I was there."
"Okay, well, I just got a call from Donna Murphy's assistant. telling me that Donna was worried when I didn't show."
"Umm, okay."
"See how people, even famous and busy people like Donna are concerned about me?"
"----"
"Why are you laughing?"
"No reason."
"Well,stop it."
"-----"
"Okay, tell me, why are you laughing?"
"Donna was so concerned that she told her assistant to call? Are her nails permanently drying?"
"Well, she's just busy. You wanna hear something else?"
"Sure."
"Her assistant left a number for me to call...it was Donna's HOME number."
"Wow."
"Go ahead, make fun. I just assumed it was the assistant's number."
"Her home number?"
"No, you idiot. Her office number."
"----"
"Stop laughing. That's it. I'm hanging up."

No comments: