Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Thank You to You, My Fans...

I feel the need to take a moment to thank you, my ever loyal fans, for your support of my rapidly stagnating comedy career.

Without you, and by "you" I mean the people who've come to see me perform my so-called act onstage, there wouldn't be an "act."

For no club would let me get on their stage unless I brought a few of you, willing to part with your hard-earned money - well, except for some of you (I'm looking at YOU Kim) - for their cover charge and to partake in their overpriced alcoholic beverages and bar-quality (aka nasty-a**) food.

And now, I have even more reason to give thanks...for I have been invited to Gotham Comedy Club's Holiday Party this coming Sunday evening (I assume it's late due to their fine new establishment not being open till beginning of January, when by the way, 25 of you braved the cold to watch me tell oft-told tales into a small microphone on a small stage to small laughs. Thank you once again.)

Knowing Gotham, I am sure they will go all out, the repast full of delicacies including, but not limited to, champagne, caviar, large shrimp, lobster fra diablo and chocolates, which will no doubt be nestled in the bosom of large bosomed women.

In any event, while attending this bacchanalia, I promise that you will all be in my thoughts...for I promise to attempt to eat and drink enough to make up for all the money that you've spent in seeing me.

As an added bonus, I promise to write an e-mail, detailing this sure-to-be exquisite party in details such that you will feel like you were there...almost.

Thank you for your support,

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: