Monday, March 24, 2008

Goin' Back To Cali....

Ok, where was I... oh yeah...

We left San Fran and headed down to Monterey....

Wait - One last thing about SF - When entering SF, our GPS seemingly got confused...it told us we were off course when we weren't. I know we weren't cause we turned around and ended up going the same way we were originally going. Josie was driving at the time (as mentioned before, I'm not a fan of driving) and let's just say I don't think we'll ever have a car while we live in the city...at least I won't ride with her in the city if we get a car. Though the "best" was yet to come (cue ominous music)...

Monterey - Stopped to walk around and eat by the water. When Josie used the restroom, the busboy asked me if we were married.
I said, "No, dating."
He replied, "Ohhh, she very nice."
I got up and waited for her by the restroom.

17 Mile Drive - By Pebble Beach Golf Course, there's a stretch of land (not sure how long it is)outlining the coast which is private so they charge you like 10 bucks to drive through it. Since we'd already spent 32 million bucks on this trip, we figured what's another ten, ya know? I was driving at this juncture so we had to stop at a few of the "vista points" so I could look (no, I can't drive and look over cliffs).

Yurt Night - Treebones isn't even on the GPS - when we made the left, our GPS told us we were driving into a mountain. The place was pretty much what I expected - somewhat hippie-ish, laid back owner, peaceful, everyone smiles at everyone else (whenever anyone I don't know smiles at me or says "Good Morning" I also wonder "What the hell do you want?" - you can take the kid out of NY...) - the dining area did have a TV but it remained off for the entire stay...and no, I didn't take a shower while there.
It was around this part of the trip when I realized that I prolly shoulda brought more than one pair of sneakers... Josie made me leave them outside the yurt overnight to air out. I was worried about someone stealing them, but she assured me that if anything, they will keep burglers away.

Santa Barbara - Lovely town - they seem to specialize in cute shops with cute names, like "Something's Fishy" (Japanese steak house - I have no idea why it had a seafood restaurant sounding name) and "lettuce b. frank" (I have no idea what they sold). Anyway, we were gonna spend a night there but it didn't seem like there was much to see (besides cute stores with cute names) so we had lunch and left and decided to spend the night in L.A.

Neptune's Net - On our way to L.A. we stopped off here, where we had heavily fried calamari and shrimps, with beer (with the aformentioned clamato juice). After eating, we gave each other angioplasty's and headed into the City of Angels.

To be continued...

Rock On,

Aitch

No comments: