Friday, July 8, 2005

Counting Down to Standing Up - Part 5

First of all, since I woke up on Thursday, my palms have been sweaty and I've been shaking like an autumn leaf. Either I'm in panic mode...or I've got pneumonia. In fact, I'm writing this final "progress" report on Thursday because I'm afraid that I'll be catatonic by today...and only able to press

(writing this Friday - my "rehearsal" last night went so poorly, I may take a half day today to do it aloud more - it's a totally different ballgame than repeating it to myself))

A few thoughts...

After hearing how many of y'all are attending, I have come up with an idea....instead of doing my lil act at Gotham, maybe I can do it in the "Party Room" at my apartment building - Instead of spending the probably $30 bucks (cover + two drinks) per person that will only go the club, I'll charge you each $20 bucks, and I'll supply all the Diet Coke you can drink - its a win/win for all

When the person in charge called me to confirm my appearance, she told me to bring a VHS tape so they can record it for me - like it isn't bad enough that I'm not getting paid to bring in all you people, but I have to pay for my own recording...rats!

If anyone knows a bar near Gotham we can hang out at and laugh at how I totally spaced for an excruciatingly long ten seconds lemmee know - or think about it

Finally, I'm asking you guys for a few favors as it pertains to the show...

If I happen to make a joke about my mom not being there, don't yell, "What do you mean,,,she's right here!"
If I happen to mention that I recently got a dog, don't yell, "Stewie!"
If you get hit with sweat, saliva, or vomit during my act, please don't make a big deal about it - I'll reimburse you for your dry-cleaning after
In fact, if I happen to say or do ANYTHING don't respond at all (besides with unbridled laughter and applause) since it'll throw me off my carefully memorized script.
This is mainly for my mom (even though she doesn't have Internet access) - If other people are talking during my set, don't angrily "shhh" them and start an argument. (Also for my mom) And don't call over the waitress to complain. (Ditto) And don't tell the unhelpful waitress that you want to speak to management.

Until Manana (gulp),

Aitch

No comments: